United Way and Mass 2-1-1 Stand with Houston
Help those affected by Hurricane Harvey
Need Help Fast?
Get the answers you need! It's Free. Confidential. Multilingual.
Dial 2-1-1 or search online.
Texting now available! To get started text your zip code to 8772116277
MASS 211 CURRENT EVENTS
- Incident Management Team & Massachusetts National Guard Soldiers Deploy to Florida to Assist with Hurricane Irma Response & RecoverySeptember 11, 2017FRAMINGHAM, MA – The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is coordinating the deployment of a 12 person Incident Management Team and an 18 person Massachusetts National Guard public affairs team to Florida to assist with response and recovery efforts for Hurricane Irma. The requests for assistance from Florida came through the [read more]
- DHS SIGNS JONES ACT WAIVERSeptember 9, 2017WASHINGTON – Today, in recognition of the severity of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, Department of Homeland Security Acting Secretary Elaine Duke approved a waiver of the federal Jones Act. This waiver will ensure that over the next week, all options are available to distribute fuel to states and territories impacted by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, [read more]
- Governor Baker Proclaims September to be “Emergency Preparedness Month” Individuals and Families Encouraged to PrepareSeptember 5, 2017FRAMINGHAM, MA – Governor Charlie Baker has proclaimed September 2017 to be Emergency Preparedness Month to highlight the importance of emergency preparedness and planning for individuals, families and communities. The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) and the Department of Public Health (DPH) will promote public preparedness [read more]
- Prepare Your Property for a HurricaneAugust 14, 2017Prepare Your Home and Boat Before the Next Storm FRAMINGHAM, MA – During hurricane season, the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is reminding residents of steps they can take to protect their homes and boats from the damaging winds, torrential rainfall, and flooding that hurricanes or tropical storms can bring. “There are many steps [read more]
- Governor Baker Proclaims “Hurricane Preparedness Week” Residents Encouraged to Prepare NowJuly 19, 2017FRAMINGHAM, MA – Governor Charlie Baker has proclaimed July 16-22, 2017 to be Hurricane Preparedness Week to underscore the Commonwealth’s vulnerability to tropical storms and hurricanes and the importance of preparing for the impacts that hurricanes and tropical storms can have on the state’s residents, homes, businesses and infrastructure. “It [read more]