Need Help Fast?
Get the answers you need! It's Free. Confidential. Multilingual.
Dial 2-1-1 or search online.
MASS 211 CURRENT EVENTS
- MEMA to Host Functional Exercise for the 2018 Boston MarathonApril 6, 2018FRAMINGHAM, MA – On Tuesday, April 10, 2018, the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA), in collaboration with the Boston Athletic Association (BAA), the 8 cities and towns that host the Marathon, and the dozens of local, regional, state and federal agencies that support public safety operations for the event, will conduct a large-scale [read more]
- 2018 Boston Marathon Public Safety and Security Press ConferenceMarch 31, 20182018 Boston Marathon Public Safety and Security Press Conference Hosted by MEMA and the B.A.A. Tuesday, April 3, 2018 – 11:00 a.m. Speaking Program 10:15 a.m. B.A.A. and MEMA arrive on-site. 10:30 a.m. Public Safety Officials assemble in Oval Room 10:55 a.m. Ordering of standing attendees, remarks by Kurt Schwartz 11:00 a.m. [read more]
- McCormack Building: McCormack Building CLOSED – March 16, 2018March 16, 2018Late yesterday, the McCormack Building began experiencing pipe issues that led to backups and drainage issues. The facilities management team did a comprehensive assessment of the building’s systems and identified a pipe on the third floor of the parking garage that needs to be uncapped to diagnose the situation, a process which required a water [read more]
- Barnstable County Stands Down from Storm Skylar OperationsMarch 15, 2018BARNSTABLE (MA) March 15, 2018 – At its 4 p.m. conference call on Thursday, the Barnstable County Regional Emergency Planning Committee (BCREPC) reviewed the progress of power restoration on Cape Cod and the status of the regional shelter system. Significant gains in power restoration have occurred since Thursday morning at 10 a.m. when [read more]
- The American Red Cross of Massachusetts has shelters open todayMarch 14, 2018The American Red Cross of Massachusetts has shelters open today in southeastern Massachusetts for residents without power after Tuesday’s winter storm. The Red Cross opened shelters across the eastern Massachusetts Tuesday as Winter Storm Skylar hit New England. At the storms peak, more than 200,000 homes and businesses in Massachusetts were [read more]