BARNSTABLE (MA) March 13, 2018 – At its 4 p.m. conference call on March 13, 2018, the Barnstable County Regional Emergency Planning Committee (BCREPC) approved the activation of 3 regional shelters
The following regional shelters will open at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 13:
Sandwich High School
365 Quaker Meetinghouse Road, Sandwich
Barnstable Intermediate School
895 Falmouth Road, Hyannis
Cape Cod Regional Technical School
351 Pleasant Lake Avenue, Harwich
Regional Shelter Information:
- Arrive with at least three days worth of essentials including your medication.
- The shelter provides a secure facility, a cot to sleep on, food and water, basic first aid, and functional assistance. Beyond that, it is up to you to pack and bring the essentials of your life including extra clothing, medications, and any medical equipment such as walkers, wheelchairs, and oxygen concentrators.
- If you live at home with the assistance of a caretaker, the caretaker must come to the shelter with you. If you have a visiting nurse, make sure you bring your medical supplies and let your nurse know which shelter you will be staying at.
- If you are bringing infants, babies, or toddlers to a shelter make sure you bring formula, food, diapers, wipes, changes of clothing, toys, and a “pack ‘n play” or portable crib and bedding.
- If you have a pet, the emergency shelter system supports the care of your pet(s) while you are in the shelter. You must check your pet(s) in first at the pet shelter before checking yourself into the human shelter. Please bring all your pet supplies to the shelter except for crates, which are provided by the shelter.
If you don’t have transportation to a Regional Shelter, contact your local police or fire department on the NON-EMERGENCY line.
For information on the location of Regional Emergency Shelters visit www.bcrepc.org/sheltering/shelter-map/
Barnstable County Regional Emergency Shelter Map – BCREPC
Shelters Currently Closed. Barnstable Intermediate School 895 Falmouth Road, Hyannis Show on Map | More Information; Cape Cod Regional Technical School